ABOUT Camp PMC® CERTIFICATION
I am thrilled to be one of the national instructors for Camp PMC®. If you are familiar with metal clay you will be excited to hear that there is a way to expand your skills and earn a certificate to be able to purchase metal clay at a discount. This is a rare opportunity that gives you the ability to choose to advance your metal clay skills through the core Camp PMC® Course 101 class as an artisan or 201 to become an instructor, or both.
When you complete the Camp PMC® Course 101, you will receive a certificate that provides you an 8% discount on future purchases of PMC clays through Clay Revolution and Rio Grande Jewelry Supply. The 201 course is an instructor course for those who are interested in teaching Camp PMC® 101. When you complete Camp PMC® 201, you will receive a discount of 10%. The Certificate of Completion is issued by Sawtooth School for Visual Art.
Current Course Offerings:
3-DAY ONLINE Camp PMC® 101 CERTIFICATION – $ 395.00
Skill level: All
In this course we will meet live on Zoom (an online video conferencing platform) where we will be able to see each other face to face and be able to interact as though in person. I will lecture and demonstrate live and you will be able to ask questions in real-time. Between classes and for one week following the last class you will have full access to me via email and our private Facebook group. Through the Facebook group you can ask questions, post photos of work in progress and get inspired by your fellow classmates’ work just as you would in a live class setting.
All level students are welcome. This course is ideal for you if you have already worked with metal clay. If you are unsure if you are ready to take this course please feel free to send me an email and we can set up a time to chat or make arrangements for private instruction.
This is a fantastic course and the ability to take it online allows for some flexibility that an in-person course would not. I’ve put a lot of thought into how to make this course fun, interesting and as easy as possible. Other than having your own basic metal clay tools, a torch, and a kiln everything else you need is included. The course price includes instructions, demos, a physical copy of the manual, and ALL the materials you will need to complete each of the 5 projects.
Reserve your spot today for only $395:
This ONLINE Camp PMC® 101 course is scheduled for:
Monday April 13th, Tuesday April 14th and Wednesday April 15th
11:00am-2:30pm EST (10:00-1:30 CST, 9:00-12:30 MST or 8:00-11:30 PST)
In order to get your class kit and manual sent to you, the deadline to register is April 3rd.
What happens after I register?
You will receive a welcome email from me!
- Within 1-2 days of your registration, I will email you a tool supply list so you know what is required to complete the course.
- About 7 days before our first class you will receive a package via US mail or UPS from me. It will include a printed copy of the instruction manual and all the materials you will need to complete your projects. Please note it will not include any tools (see next section).
- About 7 days before our first class you will receive a detailed email from me with information about how to log into the online video conferencing platform (Zoom). This is a service that I pay for so there is no additional cost to you. You may be required to download free software on your end to give you access but it is quite simple and we can plan for a test run prior to the start of class if you feel at all nervous about it.
- We will meet online together for three days in a row: April 13-15th, Monday – Wednesday from 11:00am-2:30pm EST. Please mark your calendar for this event so that you don’t miss out on important information and demos.
- A private Facebook group will be setup for questions, ongoing discussion and work in progress photos/inspiration. An invitation will be sent to join the group via email.
What do I need in order to take this course?
- Internet access.
- Web camera – either on your computer, IPAD or phone.
- Basic metal clay tools (a full list will be emailed to you prior to the class). If you have only taken courses with a teacher who provided tools for you, you will need to purchase a basic tool kit. Please contact me if you need help finding good sources for tools.
- Torch and a kiln – this course requires both. If you do not have a kiln and would like to take the course I do offer Firing Services. Please contact me for more information.
- Camera (or phone camera) to take good photos of your finished pieces.
- An account with Facebook – not mandatory but is helpful to fully participate.
What is required to receive my Camp PMC® certificate and what do I get?
- You are required to complete all 5 projects and pass all the requirements/objectives for each project. Through the course you will learn the fundamental skills of working with metal clay and how to be successful with several PMC products and methods. Each project is clearly presented and I am available to help you work through each one.
- You will submit photos of your finished projects and a scanned copy of a written multiple choice test by email to me within 1 week. (Don’t fret over the written test – once you have gone through the daily demos and worked with the materials you will know all the answers!)
- Once you have passed all 5 projects and the written test you will receive your Certificate of Completion from Sawtooth School for Visual Art which will allow you to receive a discount of 8% on PMC clays through PMC Revolution and Rio Grande Jewelry Supply!
Seating is limited. Reserve your spot today:
Cancellation Policy and Disclaimer:
- Once the manual and kit has been shipped to you, the class fee is non-refundable. However, if an emergency occurs and you cannot attend the scheduled dates, I will work with you and consider a partial credit towards completing the course in the future if taken within 3 months of cancellation.
- This is a 3 day course. You are committing to be online each week during the scheduled class time: Monday April 13th, Tuesday April 14th and Wednesday April 15th from 11:00am-2:30pm EST (10:00-1:30 CST, 9:00-12:30 MST or 8:00-11:30 PST).
- If you miss a class or come late or leave early, you will need to review the manual and reach out on the Facebook group if necessary on your own to catch up. I understand sometimes life happens, if my schedule allows I will work with you to do a quick review of what you missed. Please understand this is a live course. You will not have access to a recording if you are not in attendance. I will respond to emails as quickly as possible.
- I (Jennifer Knollenberg) cannot be held responsible for technical difficulties that are beyond my control (power outages, poor internet connections, etc.) I am more than happy to do a 5-min test session with you prior to our first meeting so that you can test your camera, speakers, microphone and overall quality of the video/sound. Please understand that I am not a technician so you may need to practice some on your own as well.